This blog post will explore what the ENFJ personality type is and what are its characteristics.
We will also briefly discuss what are the strengths and limitations of an ENFJ, the suitable careers for these personality types as well as what they are like in their personal relationships.
What is an 9w1 ENFJ personality type?
The 9w1 ENFJ personality type refers to a person who has an Ennageram Nine with Type 1 wing who is also an ENFJ which is one of the 16 MBTI personality types that is also known as the “protagonist”.
Enneagram type 9 wing 1also known as “the negotiator”are those who have an enneagram type nine wing one personality. They are hardworking, creative, and friendly, who strive for peace and harmony.
People with ENFJ personality type have extraverted, Intuitive, Feeling, and Judging personality traits and are often seen by other people as warm and forthright who love helping others and also have strong values and opinions.
9w1 ENFJ are also observed to be extremely friendly and easy to form friendships with meaning that they are people persons. It is easy for them to do so because they have high empathy and emotional awareness and often have the ability to influence others.
They are also idealistic with a tendency to be organised and structured in the way they live their lives. They also have idealistic visions for the world and others and often tend to influence growth in others and are passionate about helping others meet their potential.
9w1 ENFJ are also driven by their need to have some impact on the world and others and tend to be ambitious with the goal of making the world a better place which makes them forward thinking and optimistic in some contexts.
What are the characteristics of an 9w1 ENFJ?
The Key characteristics of an 9w1 ENFJ include:
- 9w1 ENFJ are strong extroverts that thrive when they spend their time with other people. They usually get their energy and learning from interacting with others and like being and mingling in crowds.
- 9w1 ENFJ tend to do, think, and do. They are action oriented and learn best by practical learning.
- They are often described as warm and supportive because of their ability to empathise with others and put this into practice with their warm and excellent people skills.
- They are really supportive as friends, family, and mentors and often gain personal satisfaction by helping other people to the point where they might neglect their needs for others.
- For 9w1 ENFJ, they desire harmony and peace- both within themselves and within their relationships with other people because of this, they tend to avoid difficult emotions as well as force harmony into conflicts within direct confrontation.
- 9w1 ENFJ tends to overlook their own needs and also tend to be highly critical of themselves and their own limitations.
They also find it very hard to regulate their emotions and become cold, emotionally unavailable when stressed which usually occurs when there is conflict which they find it hard to face headon.
- They are often nurturing of their friends and partners, and are loyal in that aspect. They are usually the first people to help and support the people they care for. However, they have a hard time expressing their emotions which leads them to become a wall to others when they are having a hard time.
What are the strengths and limitations of an 9w1 ENFJ?
The strengths of an 9w1 ENFJ include:
- Empathy in their way of dealing with other people is one of the major strengths of 9w1 ENFJ. Their empathy is not limited to a few people but the whole world in general which makes them highly attuned to other people’s needs making them incredible people to be friends with.
- They are excellent peacekeepers who work hard to promote harmony amongst people and also deflect conflicts so that the entire group keeps working together and moving towards the same goals.
- They are very capable when it comes to communicating with others, be it in written or spoken words. They are very good story tellers, orators, and often, people are drawn to them due to their speaking and influencing abilities.
- 9w1 ENFJs are known for their desire for harmony and peace, so they tend to be givers, negotiators, and peace makers within their social relationships which often involves attending to the needs of other people while neglecting theirs.
- They are natural leaders that ensure that other people are keen on following them because of their leadership skills and their ability to teach and mentor others in effective ways.
The limitations of the 9w1 ENFJ include:
- They tend to be impulsive because they are very passionate and headstrong, which makes them become overconfident in their own plans and reasoning and they end up diving in without considering the situation fully or making note of the consequences.
- 9w1 ENFJ also tend to have their hands in too many pies which makes them say yes to most things even if they do not have the time. They tend to be overcommitted because they are genuinely excited to join in and put in the effort; however, at times this might cost them mentally and lead to burn out.
- 9w1 ENFJ prioritise people and the needs of others before themselves which can make them have a hard time in the long run if their needs are neglected for too long. Because of their need to help others they often suppress their own needs and wants because of their desire to avoid tension and conflict in relationships and this can lead them feeling dissatisfied and unhappy.
What are the suitable careers for 9w1 ENFJ?
9w1 ENFJs thrive in careers that will allow them to help others, work with other people and interact with large groups or a large number of people, innovate new ideas to solve problems, and also have some structure and direction to their roles.
They will also thrive in roles that will allow them to make use of their high Emotional awareness in managing and leading people, organise activities, resolve conflicts, and come up with new ideas.
9w1 ENFJs are enthusiastic team players and enjoy working with others as a supportive member as well as an instigator within the team. Nine with wing one are also individuals who strive for harmony so they are usually the ones who are able to diffuse conflict within their work space, making them excellent mediators.
They are also patient and have excellent communication skills which makes them nurturing and excellent guides, leaders, who are able to mediate, nurture and assist their teammates,
However, 9w1 ENFJs tend to struggle in teams that have conflict and often conflict leads them to struggle with objectivity because they are keen on keeping the peace.
Professional challenge for 9w1 ENFJ subtype is that this individual might have some challenges in meeting their own needs and often have too high of an expectation of themselves as well as other people.
When stressed, they can become perfectionist and as a result demand hgg expectations, unrealistic even, from themselves as well as others and when this does not come to pass, they often bring conflict between themselves and coworkers. They might even become prostinators and often develop a pessimistic view of their own talents.
Top careers for the ENFJ include:
- Community and social service such as Health Educator, Marriage and Family Therapist, Rehabilitation Counsellor, School or Career Counsellor.
- Media and communication such as translator, photographer, PR, reporter, author.
- Education such as teacher, principal, administrator, professor.
- Business such as sales representative, manager, HR manager, brokers, marketing, training and development manager etc.
- Entertainments and arts such as actor, producer, art director, designer of various kinds.
- In the field of sciences they will also thrive as aForester, Historian, Psychologist or a Sociologist.
- They will also thrive in the legal careers as a lawyer including in healthcare careers.
What are the personal relationships of a 9w1 ENFJ like?
9w1 ENFJs tend to be very nurturing and warm in their relationships because of how highly they value people in their lives to the point where their needs take a step back to meet the needs of others.
They are extremely helpful so in relationships they will work to help their partners reach their potential and often will seek harmony within the relationship.
They will also be extremely involved in the lives of their loved ones, including their children’s and might at times be stubborn and rigid when it comes to their own values and attitudes.
They are also supportive friends and are usually fun to be around however, they can also be a warm shoulder to lean on because they are usually great communicators and empathise without judgement.
In their relationships,they are instinctual which allows them to pick out people’s agendas quite easily and are often motivated by their instincts when it comes to how they behave with other people.
In their relationships, 9w1 ENFJs seek to avoid conflicts and are usually highly emotional when they care for others and are driven with a desire for harmony and peace, so they tend to be givers, negotiators, and peace makers within their social relationships which often involves attending to the needs of other people while neglecting theirs.
This blog post has explored what the 9w1 ENFJ personality type is and what are its characteristics.
We have also briefly discussed what are the strengths and limitations of an 9w1 ENFJ, the suitable careers for these personality types as well as what they are like in their personal relationships.
FAQ related to ENFJ
Is ENFJ a rare personality?
ENFJ is a rare personality type and is one of the less common types in the population, especially for men where ENFJs make up only 3% of the general population.
What is an ENFJ person like?
People with this personality type have extraverted, Intuitive, Feeling, and Judging personality traits and are often seen by other people as warm and forthright who love helping others and also have strong values and opinions.
Who is ENFJ most compatible with?
When it comes to relationships, ENFJ is most compatible with INFP and ISFP.
How do you know if an Enfj likes you?
When ENFJs like you, they become extremely inquisitive about you since they want to know everything about you. They will start asking you about your interests, and seek out your likes and dislikes and might even seek to understand you more with deep conversations.
Cherry.K. ENFJ: The Giver (Extraverted, Intuitive, Feeling, Judging) An Overview of the ENFJ Personality Type. Verywell well. 16th February 2021. Retrieved on 29th December 2021. https://www.verywellmind.com/enfj-extraverted-intuitive-feeling-judging-2795979
Owens.M. ENFJ: THE TEACHER. Truity. Retrieved on 29th December 2021. https://www.truity.com/personality-type/ENFJ/relationships
What is an Enneagram type 9 wing 1 (The Negotiator)? CrystalKnows. Retrieved on 31st January 2022. https://www.crystalknows.com/enneagram/type-9/wing-1
The Best Careers for Enneagram Type 9 -Wing 1(9W1) Personality Type. How I got the Job. Retrieved on 31st January 2022.https://howigotjob.com/career-advice/the-best-careers-for-enneagram-type-9/