The current article will be based on Citalopram reviews. We will discuss the views of different individuals who have taken citalopram for treatment.
What are the reviews of citalopram users?
Citalopram being an antidepressant is believed to have least side effects and is thus considered as the safest antidepressant among the selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors.
The citalopram tablets have an average rating of 7.5 out of 10 among the 1970 reviews related to the usage of citalopram as an antidepressant. Among all the users, 65 % of the users reported the citalopram drug and reviewed it to have positive influence o n the physical and psychological well being whereas the remaining 15% reported the drug to have negative effects on the subjective wellbeing with regards physical and psychological conditions of the depressed patients.
The reviews for citalopram are based on its usage for treating a variety of different conditions. The conditions include certain off label conditions related to mental health along with depression, anxiety and postpartum conditions.
- For conditions of depression citalopram has received an average rating of 7.3 out of 10. There were 633 ratings from the 6773 users who used citalopram for being treated for depression specifically. 64% of the reviews reported the medicine to be positively effective and the remaining 14% to be ineffective for the respective features of depression.
- For conditions of anxiety and stress the medicine was reviewed by 828 people out of the 879 users who used the medicine. 15 % of the users reported that the medicine was not effective for treating their case of anxiety and stress whereas the remaining 65% reported significant changes in the anxiety and stress related symptoms. The reviews were in comparison to the 11 other medicines that are also used to treat anxiety and stress.
- For the post partum depression the citalopram has received 25 ratings from a total of 22 user reviews. On the basis of reviews the citalopram has been rated an average of 6.7 out of 10 to treat the health conditions associated with postpartum depression. Out of all the reviews, 52% of the users have related citalopram as being an effective drug to treat the symptoms and associated features of postpartum depression whereas the remaining 28% of the reviews consider it as having negative effects on the symptoms related to postpartum depression.
The following off the label mental health conditions are treated using citalopram and have been reviewed by the users as following:
- For the panic disorder citalopram is used as an off label prescription. Citalopram has been believed to considerably affect the panic disorder symptoms. Out of the 92 user reviews, 85 ratings have been received for citalopram to treat panic disorder in comparison to 34 other medications used for the same purpose. Citalopram has been believed by 79% of the users to have positive effects on panic disorder and by the remaining 11% it is believed to have negative effects on the panic disorder.
- For the generalized anxiety disorder citalopram is used as an off label drug. Based on 174 ratings, citalopram has received an average of 7.8 out of 10. In comparison to the 15 other medicines that are used to treat the generalized anxiety disorder citalopram has been rated to affect positively on the symptoms related to generalized anxiety disorder by 74% of the users and the remaining have viewed it as not an effective psychotropic agent for generalized anxiety disorder.
- For the obsessive compulsive disorder citalopram is used as an off label drug. The reviews suggest that citalopram has a rating of 7.6 out of 10 from 31 ratings by users who were administered with citalopram for treating obsessive compulsive disorder. The medicine was reviewed as effective by 74% of the reviewers whereas the remaining reviewers believed it to be inefficient for treating the associated mental health symptoms of obsessive compulsive disorder.
- For the premenstrual dysphoric disorder citalopram has been rated with an average of 8.9 out of 10 by the 26 reviewers. The medicine is believed to treat the premenstrual dysphoric disorders and thus used as an off label drug. 92% of the users reported citalopram to have positive effects on the associated features whereas 4% reported citalopram to be useless for treating premenstrual dysphoric disorder.
- For bipolar disorder the citalopram is used as an off label drug to manage the associated features and symptoms. The drug has received an average rating of 8.5 out of 10 by the 14 reviewers in comparison to 79 other medicines that are used to treat the same conditions related to bipolar disorder.
- For the borderline disorder citalopram has received an average rating of 7.8 out of 10 from a total of 8 reviews. Citalopram is used as an off the label drug for treating the mental condition of borderline personality disorder. Among the users of citalopram, 75% reported it to be positively effective whereas 13% reviewed it to be negatively effective for treating the symptoms and associated features of borderline personality disorder in comparison to 28 other psychotropic drugs.
The oral administration of citalopram has been reviewed by users to be easy to use, effective for treating the depression and related symptoms and many of the users feel satisfied on the basis of citalopram as it has less side effects as compared to others.
The medicine has been reviewed with top ratings for the treatment of depression based on its effectiveness and efficiency to treat the depression related symptoms and associated physical and mental conditions.
A study was carried out to conclude the effectiveness of citalopram on the basis of patient characteristics, the dose of citalopram administered and the outcomes. The study was based on various researches that reviewed citalopram as a drug of choice for treating depression. From the year 1996 to the year 2000, various research studies based on pharmacology and case reports were analyzed to obtain the data. The study concluded through metaanalysis that citalopram is as effective as an antidepressant as the other tricyclic and tetra cyclic psychotropic agents. The advantage of citalopram use over tricyclic and tetracyclic gents is that it has less side effects as compared to the other antidepressants.
The current blogspot was based on the reviews of citalopram by the users. We learned that citalopram has been an effective drug with the least possible side effects to manage depressive symptoms. We also discussed the reviews of citalopram for certain mental health conditions as an off label drug.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs): Citalopram Reviews
How should citalopram make you feel?
Citalopram makes you feel better by working on your mood, sleep and energy. In the first few weeks only, it helps the depressed individuals to feel a more positive change in their overall health condition related to unpleasant emotional states.
How quickly does citalopram work on anxiety?
Citalopram starts to work within the initial two weeks of the medicine intake. However it takes around 6-7 weeks to feel the full effects of the medicine as an antidepressant.
What are the most common side effects of citalopram?
The most common side effects of citalopram include:
- Tingling sensations
- Memory issues
- Increased sweating
- Dry mouth
- Sleep issues
Does citalopram give you energy?
Being an antidepressant citalopram has the ability to increase positive energy among humans. It tends to promote activity level and boost life quality.