This blogpost will explain how you can quit BetterHelp. We will also be discussing the best features of BetterHelp. In addition to this, we will be checking out some of the alternatives to BetterHelp that are available for users today. BetterHelp is one of the most popular online therapy platforms and caters to nearly 2 million users every day.
How do I quit BetterHelp?
If you want to quit BetterHelp, you can follow the steps given below:
- You will need to log in to your BetterHelp account
- Go to your ‘Menu’ and then click on ‘My Account’
- In your account, click on ‘Payment settings’ and then choose the ‘Quit Therapy’ option
- Next, go to the ‘My Account’ portion of the menu and then click on ‘Personal Information’ and then select the ‘Request Erasure’ option
Best features of BetterHelp
BetterHelp is one of the most popular online therapy platforms today for good reason. The platform has a number of features that can be useful for anyone who is seeking mental health care online. The very best features of BetterHelp have been explained in the points below.
BetterHelp can be used from anywhere
BetterHelp operates fully online and thus can be used from anywhere and everywhere. This can be great for those who have very busy schedules and thus find it difficult to accommodate in-person therapy sessions into their planners. Furthermore, it can be extremely good news for those who live in remote areas that may have a dearth of mental health professionals.
The platform is very safe
BetterHelp takes the safety and security of its users very seriously. Thus the user does not need to worry about their information being stolen or misused here. Additionally, clients do not have to meet their therapists face to face, and thus need not be afraid of abuse or assaults which can sometimes come by unethical therapists.
It has a number of formats for therapy
The therapy sessions are offered through several formats in BetterHelp that the users can choose from according to their needs and conveniences. Users have the option of live therapy through audio sessions, video conferencing sessions and even chatting sessions. These therapy sessions are conducted for about thirty minutes but can be extended up to an hour as per the therapist.
It offers unlimited messaging
Messaging therapy is another great feature that users can avail in BetterHelp. In this messaging feature, the user can send any number of messages to their therapists at any time. The messages can also be sent as text messages, audio messages and video messages. The therapists are guaranteed to respond once or twice a day for five days in the week.
It brings a great client-therapist fit
The fit between the client and the therapist is pretty great in BetterHelp. This rapport is guaranteed because the platform uses the help of an algorithm to match the user with a compatible therapist using the data provided at the time of signing up. Users can also switch their therapists as per their wishes at any time.
It has couples therapy
Couples therapy is another service that is offered in BetterHelp. This is offered through the ReGain platform which is the sister website of BetterHelp. Couples therapy is conducted online through the means of a group chat between the partners and the therapist. Furthermore, live sessions are also available between the partners and the therapist through audio or video.
It offers therapy for teenagers
Teenagers can also enjoy therapy in BetterHelp. This service is exclusively meant for those between the ages of 13 years and 17 years and uses those therapists who have specific experience in this age group. This feature can be great for those teenagers who are facing a high level of stress and anxiety due to various reasons.
BetterHelp has group sessions
Users can also participate in group sessions in BetterHelp for free of cost. These group sessions are called ‘Groupinars’ and are organized about once a week and cover more than twenty different topics related to mental health and mental illness. Users can participate in these anonymously and can also post their questions to the forum before the session starts.
Alternatives to BetterHelp
If you are looking for other platforms that offer services similar to BetterHelp, you might be interested in the following platforms.
- Talkspace: Talkspace offers therapy for individuals, couples and even teenagers. The platform also offers psychiatry services through which the users can avail medications for their mental health conditions. A great advantage of Talkspace is that it offers insurance coverage.
- Cerebral: Cerebral is great for those who are looking for therapy and psychiatry services as combo plans. The platform offers these services together and even separately according to the needs of the user. The medications are delivered to the home of the user in discreet packaging. Insurance coverage is also available in Cerebral.
- Calmerry: Calmerry is a fantastic option for anyone who wants only therapy. Calmerry allows therapy sessions to be conducted through video conferencing and also allows unlimited messaging between the user and the therapist.
This blogpost has explained how you can quit BetterHelp. We have also discussed the best features of BetterHelp. In addition to this, we have checked out some of the alternatives to BetterHelp that are available for users today.
If you like this blogpost, please leave your comments and questions in the space below.