How long do kalms stay in your system
The answer to the question “How long do Kalms stay in your system?” may depend on the dosage that you have ingested and individual factors such as body weight of the individual.
According to drugs.com, a dose of valerian extract 600 mg in healthy subjects was highest in concentration after 30 mins to 2 hours after ingestion. With elimination half life after 2 to 3 hours and completely gone after 5 hours.
What are Kalms tablets?
Kalms Tablets are traditional natural drugs designed for relief of signs associated with:
- Stress (e.g mild anxiety, worry, irritability)
- Menopause (e.g flushings, worry, wakefulness, cold sweats)
- Sleeping problems, promoting natural sleep
Kalms tablets are made of hop strobiles which are flowers of the hop plant Humulus lupulus, and extracts of Valerian root and Gentian root.
It is important that before you use the tables to ask your doctor or pharmacist if you can take Kalms tablets when taking other prescription medicines or medicines without a prescription.
How to take Kalms tablets?
To use Kalms tablets to help relieve symptoms associated with stress such as mild anxiety and irritability or symptoms that are associated with menopause, it is important that you talk to your physician about the dosage.
The adult recommended dosage will be mentioned on the instructions leaflet depending on the type of Kalms tablets you are taking in. The recommended dose for adults and the elderly is 2 tablets 30 to 60 minutes before bedtime.
It is not recommended for children under the age of 12 years old.
What are some recommendations for taking Kalms tablets?
Some recommendations given for the use of Kalms tablets include:
- The oral drug is for short term use only and must not be taken as a life long treatment to aid with stress, insomnia, and anxiety.
- The tablets should be swallowed whole with water or other liquid
- The use of this product in children or adolescents under 12 years of age is not recommended because research data is not sufficient.
- This medicine should be taken for 2-4 weeks continuously
- The maximum daily dose is 6 tablets, Do not exceed the stated dose.
Who shouldn’t use Kalms?
Some people who have the following conditions should not use Kalms and should consult a doctor for an alternative medication to help treat their ailments.
- People with any type of infection (including HIV, malaria, or tuberculosis);
- Should not be used to treat anxiety or depression;
- People with asthma or allergies;
- Cancer Patients;
- Should not be used to treat erectile dysfunction
- People with Heartburn or gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD);
- With high blood pressure, high cholesterol, or a heart condition;
- migraine headaches
- psoriasis, rheumatoid arthritis, or other autoimmune disorders;
What are the side effects of Kalms?
Even though this is considered a natural and herbal remedy. Valerian root and other herbal remedies can cause side effects.
While not everyone will experience the same side effects or effects of the medication, it is important to be aware of the reactions it might cause.
Side effects include:
- Gastrointestinal effects such as nausea and stomach cramps.
- Gastrointestinal disorders have been observed with Gentian root.
- In rare cases, tachycardia (heart palpitations) and pruritus have been reported.
- Lavender might cause burping and skin reactions like itching and hives.
In this guide we have discussed the effective processes with which Kalms can be administered and used. We have also discussed some risk factors and side effects of the drug.
Frequently Asked Question (FAQs) about “How long do Kalms stay in your system”
How long can you take kalms for?
There is no specific instruction of how long you can take Kalms for but remember it is not considered a long term solution for stress and/or anxiety. It is not recommended that Kals be used beyond 4 weeks or if symptoms get worse, it is best to consult a doctor for an alternative.
Are kalms dangerous?
Kalms is considered safe, however, if you are allergic to any of the components, or if you are pregnant or breastfeeding, it is not recommended to take the drug.
It is also not advisable to be used on children below the age of 12 or people with heart conditions. Heartburn, allergies, and infections.
Is it OK to take kalms everyday?
Kalms is considered to be fairly safe, so it can be taken every day and might take more than two weeks to see effective results. However, kalms is not a long term solution, so if you experience how the symptoms get worse, consult with your doctor.
Can you overdose on kalms?
According to the predictions of the drugs listed, Daily intake of Kalms should not exceed 6 tablets. While one might not overdose on the drug, it can result in serious side effects.
If you overdose on Kalms, or take more than what it is indicated on the label, seek medical advice.