This article will take a look at the origins and meaning of the ‘I am the storm’ quote and why or when it is used. Furthermore, the article will also list other motivational quotes that can be used in similar circumstances!
I Am The Storm – What Does It Mean?
‘I am the storm’ is a very popular and powerful quote that is oftentimes used in the face of danger or to show one’s own competence. People often get stuck in difficult situations but they still don’t back down despite all the hurdles and problems around them. On top of that, people are there to discourage them and show them the bad side of things and how everything is likely to go wrong rather than right. At that time, people often used this quote to show they are bigger than the problems at hand.
Not only are they bigger but it is they that others should be scared of – or the hurdles they face in that case. Also, this quote helps boost one’s self confidence. This is because when you think of yourself in a better light and state that openly and proudly then you actually start believing what you say and what you think! Hence, this quote not only has an effect on others but oneself too.
When someone says ‘I am the storm’ they give out a clear message that others should not even think of messing with them and that they are fully confident that they have the necessary resources and will power to tackle whatever problem comes at them. Having a lot of confidence can discourage enemies and even make them think twice before plotting something evil. Attitude matters a lot!
The Origins Of The Quote – I Am The Storm
The origin of the quote itself is largely unknown but has been attributed to some authors over time due to its use. One such is the new Indie author Jake Remington and the British sportsbook writer Adharanand Finn both popularizing the quote in some of their works.
It is said that this is the full quote, ‘’Fate whispers to the warrior, ’you cannot withstand the storm.’ The warrior whispers back, ‘I am the storm.” However, people tend to use only half of this quote! Maybe it is more catchy.
Why Do People Use Such Quotes?
There are a number of reasons why people use quotes!
Boost Self Confidence
Reading inspirational and motivational quotes boosts one’s self confidence and hence makes them feel more capable of achieving their goals. Having the right attitude can help a lot in taking on difficult challenges and battling any fears of failure.
Using quotes like the one discussed above can warn people to stay away! If a person is highly motivated and feels as though they can achieve their goal, others won’t even try to show the other person what can go wrong – once this happens the one who has set out to achieve a goal can become confused pretty quickly!
Feeling inspired is a great feeling where you desire deeply to achieve a similar goal and hence achieve what the other person achieved. Such quotes are often based on the examples of people who faced similar situations but still went on and achieved their goals nevertheless.
Here is a list of other motivational quotes!
- “We cannot solve problems with the kind of thinking we employed when we came up with them.” — Albert Einstein
- “Learn as if you will live forever, live like you will die tomorrow.” — Mahatma Gandhi
- “Stay away from those people who try to disparage your ambitions. Small minds will always do that, but great minds will give you a feeling that you can become great too.” — Mark Twain
- “When you give joy to other people, you get more joy in return. You should give a good thought to happiness that you can give out.”— Eleanor Roosevelt
- “Nature has given us all the pieces required to achieve exceptional wellness and health, but has left it to us to put these pieces together.”—Diane McLaren
- “Develop success from failures. Discouragement and failure are two of the surest stepping stones to success.” —Dale Carnegie
- “Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. The slogan ‘Press On’ has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.” —Calvin Coolidge
- “There are three ways to ultimate success: The first way is to be kind. The second way is to be kind. The third way is to be kind.” —Mister Rogers
- “Success is peace of mind, which is a direct result of self-satisfaction in knowing you made the effort to become the best of which you are capable.” —John Wooden
- “I never dreamed about success. I worked for it.” —Estée Lauder
- “Success is getting what you want, happiness is wanting what you get.” ―W. P. Kinsella
- “Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards.” ―Vernon Sanders Law
- “To know how much there is to know is the beginning of learning to live.” —Dorothy West
- “Goal setting is the secret to a compelling future.” — Tony Robbins
- “Don’t Let Yesterday Take Up Too Much Of Today.” – Will Rogers
- “You Learn More From Failure Than From Success. Don’t Let It Stop You. Failure Builds Character.” – Unknown
- “It’s Not Whether You Get Knocked Down, It’s Whether You Get Up.” – Inspirational Quote By Vince Lombardi
- “If You Are Working On Something That You Really Care About, You Don’t Have To Be Pushed. The Vision Pulls You.” – Steve Jobs
- Being good in business is the most fascinating kind of art. Making money is art and working is art and good business is the best art.” –Andy Warhol
- Grit is that ‘extra something’ that separates the most successful people from the rest. It’s the passion, perseverance, and stamina that we must channel in order to stick with our dreams until they become a reality.” –
- The miracle is not that we do this work, but that we are happy to do it.” – Mother Teresa
- “Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. Time will pass anyway.” – Earl Nightingale
- “If you work on something a little bit every day, you end up with something that is massive.” – Kenneth Goldsmith
- “The big secret in life is that there is no secret. Whatever your goal, you can get there if you’re willing to work.” – Oprah Winfrey
- “If you cannot do great things, do small things in a great way.” – Napoleon Hill
- “Never allow a person to tell you no who doesn’t have the power to say yes.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
- “At any given moment you have the power to say: this is not how the story is going to end.” – Unknown
- “Amateus sit around and wait for inspiration. The rest of us just get up and go to work.” – Stephen King
- “Your work is going to fill a large part of your life, and the only way to be truly satisfied is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven’t found it yet, keep looking. Don’t settle. As with all matters of the heart, you’ll know when you find it.” – Steve Jobs
- “Nothing will work unless you do.” – Maya Angelou
- “Sometimes when you’re in a dark place you think you’ve been buried but you’ve actually been planted.” – Christine Caine
- Dreams don’t work unless you do.” – John C. Maxwell
- “Go the extra mile. It’s never crowded there.” – Dr. Wayne D. Dyer
- Failure after long perseverance is much grander than never to have a striving good enough to be called a failure.” –George Eliot
- Nothing is impossible, the word itself says “I’m possible”! — Audrey Hepburn
This article took a look at the famous quote ‘I Am The Storm’ and talked about its origins and meaning. The article also discussed various reasons as to why people use quotes. Furthermore, a list of motivational quotes was also provided for the readers.