The current blogspot will be focused on the various signs that are visible when an individual is being treated with wellbutrin. We will be focusing on the signs that reveal wellbutirn’s effectiveness in depression, bipolar disorder, smoking cessation and attention deficit hyperactivity disorder.
What are the signs that show wellbutrin is working?
Wellbutrin is the chemical named bupropion that belongs to a class of antidepressant drugs. Wellbutrin is available in the market in the form of immediate release and extended release tablets.
Wellbutrin is an antidepressant that works by acting on dopamine and norepinephrine. The main advantages of using bupropion instead of other antidepressants is that its positive effects are visible in the first two weeks of intake.
Wellbutrin is an atypical antidepressant that is usually given to the depressed patients who have difficulty getting recovered from other selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors, monoamine oxidase, tricyclic antidepressants and norepinephrine reuptake inhibitors. Wellbutrin works by altering the neurochemicals of the brain in ways that are different from the typical antidepressants.
Signs wellbutrin is working for depression
Wellbutrin is a fast acting antidepressant that tends to produce visible signs on the physical side of depression. It tends to significantly improve the following areas of depression within the first two weeks of its intake :
- Wellbutrin tends to improve sleep of the depressed client
- Wellbutrin tends to improve the eating pattern of the depressed client
- Unlike other medicines wellbutrin does not cause a significant weight gain in the depressed client
- There are significant positive changes in the depressed client’s energy levels after the initial two weeks of wellbutrin intake.
- Wellbutrin however takes 6-8 weeks inorder to positively alter the depressed mood and lack of interest in life in depressed clients
- The signs of improvement in patients with major depressive disorder and seasonal affective disorder are usually visible after 6-7 weeks of intake of medicine.
- In case of mood related disorders including bipolar disorder, the length of the treatment is usually long as the maintenance of mood and low interest in life need to be actively changed into quality of life.
- The wellbutrin tablets may end up in making a depression patient go through mania or mania like symptoms. While depression is being treated, wellbutrin exhibits a phase switch from low mood to high mood. Examples may include frequent buying sprees, enhanced activity levels and irritable or excited mood.
- Wellbutrin is considered as a second line treatment for the mood related symptoms of bipolar disorder and is a drug of choice when the first line treatment is not responsive, due to its fast acting formula.
Signs wellbutrin is working for smoking cessation
- For patients that take wellbutrin for treating chain smoking and smoking cessation, the treatment is usually of short duration as the symptoms start to show visible improvement in the initial few weeks.
- Wellburtin affects the dopamine levels and hence helps to overcome the withdrawal of smoking among smoke addict patients. It is a drug of choice for smoking cessation cases.
- Wellbutrin counteracts the effect of nicotine in the smoking cessation patients by increasing the dopamine levels.
Sings wellbutrin is working for attention deficit hyperactivity disorder
Among the patients with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, wellbutrin tends to produce following changes:
- An improved mood
- An altered state of behavior
- A more positive energy
- Ability to focus for a longer period
- Decreased irritability
The above mentioned signs are usually evident in the first 2-3 weeks of medicine intake. However, depending upon the severity of hyperactivity and inattention, 6-7 weeks may be required for the above mentioned signs to be evident.
The current blogspot focused on the signs and symptoms that suggest that the medicine wellbutrin is acting on the body.being a fast acting drug, some of the effects of wellbutrin are evident after initial two weeks of medicine intake while the rest take a few more weeks to surface.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs) : Signs wellbutrin is working
How long does it take for wellbutrin to kick in?
It usually takes up toa few weeks for wellbutrin to kick in as a treatment for depression. However visible physical symptoms are seen in the initial 2 weeks of medicine intake.
What to expect when you start taking Wellbutrin?
After taking wellbutrin for the initial two weeks, visible positive effects in physical symptoms are seen like sleep, appetite, energy and physical activity.
How fast is weight loss on Wellbutrin?
Wellbutrin is effective for weight loss maintenance. A study carried out in 2012 confirmed that wellbutrin is effective in weight loss and maintenance of weight loss when taken in 300 mg and 400 mg doses.
Can Wellbutrin work right away?
Wellburtin is an immediate release medicine. It starts working as soon as it is taken. Since it has a fast action, it can be taken 3 times per day.