This article will provide a list of quotes that are best to help out when someone shouts at you! What shouting is and why people do it will also be discussed in this article. Furthermore, tips on how to deal with people who shout will be provided as well!
Quotes For When Someone Shouts At You – How They Help?
Either shouting or being shouted at can be a difficult experience. It may temporarily relieve you of the anger or tension stored up in you but it will have consequences for later on. Shouting does not necessarily have to be you using bad words or insults but merely raising your voice in a manner that scares, intimidates or makes the other person uncomfortable.
Shouting can have a number of purposes. Firstly, it can be used to express how you feel; angry, sad, upset or disappointed or feelings someone can express effectively through shouting – some people shout even when they are happy! Also, shouting can be used to dodge another person’s questions that might expose you and your wrongdoings. The same technique can also be used to intimidate the other person or push them into doing something you need them to do.
Whatever the experience is, it can be stressful. If you are shouted out then you may be made to feel useless or scared and even demotivated – depending on the context. Also, if you are the one who is doing the shouting and swearing then maybe you need some inspiration to change or help you cope with the guilt feelings you will experience later on! In such situations, quotes can always help to make one feel better or be inspired to do better next time.
Shouting – Never Okay!
Shouting is never a healthy activity and only worsens situations people are in! Furthermore, shouting is not a good tool for parenting and can actually set an unhealthy example for kids in a number of ways. They may think that shouting is a way to avoid the real discussion and when you shout you don’t really have to focus on the logic. Why? Because when you speak loud enough the other person will eventually go quiet and the situation will be resolved!
Yelling them at the other person – especially if they are someone younger or junior to you or at your level is basically teaching them that it is acceptable to engage in this behaviour and they will do so when the time comes. It is possible your children may start talking back to you or shout at you when they get upset because that is how they have seen mom resolve her problems!
Although shouting may help us regulate our emotional side and allow us to let out some steam, it is no doubt considered wrong and this is the reason why such behaviour is not tolerated in the professional setting such as at a conference, during a class or a meeting at work. Even when it comes to the family sphere, this is an act that is looked down upon unless the family simply does not ‘care’.
Regardless of whether or not shouting can help us as a society in the long term and whether it truly allows us to express ourselves in acceptable ways, it is something we prefer not to engage in because it sets a bad example in society.
Quotes – Shouting
Here is a list of quotes that are about shouting!
- “Don’t raise your voice, improve your argument.”
― Desmond Tutu
- “But there were too many points at which the other self could invade the self he wanted to preserve, and there were too many forms of invasion: certain words, sounds, lights, actions his hands or feet performed, and if he did nothing at all, heard and saw nothing, the shouting of some triumphant inner voice that shocked him and cowed him.”
― Patricia Highsmith, Strangers on a Train
- “I do not like the raw sound of the human voice in unison unless it is under the discipline of music.”
― Flannery O’Connor, The Habit of Being: Letters of Flannery O’Connor
- “It is the nature of physics to hear the loudest of mouths over the most comprehensive ones.”
― Criss Jami, Killosophy
- “Dang! Look at that RAINBOW!” Piper shouted, accidently spewing bits of apple pie from her overstuffed mouth. All quickly turned and saw……exactly what Piper claimed, a rainbow.”
― Victoria Forester, The Girl Who Could Fly
- “We can’t change the world by shouting, but our words can have meaning if we give them enough respect.”
― Evan Meekins, The Black Banner
- “The trick with a truly successful intimidation is not to rely on volume or obscenity, but to cultivate that quiet certainty which informs any listener that your people will shout for you, should the moment come.”
― Claire North, The First Fifteen Lives of Harry August
- “Silence might be a shout for the truth. It might be the speech that someday, in its truest, most uncontaminated, unadulterated state, all will be revealed.”
― Criss Jami, Healology
- “A true love is not shouting and yelling for your beloved, but silently struggling for her honor”
- “Shouting is obvious; not talking to each other slips by.”
― John Eldredge, Love and War: Finding the Marriage You’ve Dreamed of
- “There’s nothing to try, Ethan. It’s over. It’s too late.” She barely whispered, but it felt like she was shouting.”
― Kami Garcia, Beautiful Redemption
- “I began to cry but maintained my shouting through it, like a wind through sheets of rain.”
― Olivia Sudjic, Sympathy
- “Waking up to the sounds of car horns and people shouting at me was how I would know I had fallen asleep while driving.”
― Steven Magee
- “The battle is all over except the “shouting” when one knows what is wanted and has made up his mind to get it, whatever the price may be.”
― Napoleon Hill
- “You may find that yes, your partner tends to shout easily, but the shouting contains no malice and passes quickly. Perhaps your partner’s short fuse does not prevent them from being loving and supportive. In that case, you may have found a gem whom others have avoided because they cannot get past the bursts of temper. But if you find that time after time, a partner or close friend disappoints you by being just like a difficult parent, then you would do well to consider whether you are selecting someone who helps you reproduce that difficult relationship.”
― Terri Apter, Difficult Mothers: Understanding and Overcoming Their Power
- “You can shout through your art, through your clothes, through your ideas, through your silence, through your stance! Instead of shouting through your mouth, choose the above elegant ways of shouting!”
― Mehmet Murat ildan
- “The bigger the call, the smaller the voice. Therefore, we’d be wise to ignore anything that’s shouting.”
― Craig D. Lounsbrough
- “Comfort always dispels rage more quickly than shouting does.
- Liberty is a great celestial Goddess, strong, beneficent, and austere, and she can never descend upon a nation by the shouting of crowds, nor by arguments of unbridled passion, nor by the hatred of class against class.
- I don’t think a man has to go around shouting and play-acting to prove he is something. And a real man don’t go around putting other guys down, trampling their feelings in the dirt, making out they’re nothing.
- We cannot learn from one another until we stop shouting at one another – until we speak quietly enough so that our words can be heard as well as our voices.
Richard M. Nixon
- I was a different kind of player as a kid and didn’t do too much shouting and screaming. If things didn’t go my way, I tended to get a bit overwhelmed. All I wanted to do was cry on my mom’s shoulder. I didn’t know how to handle defeat in front of a crowd, and I didn’t want to be the loser.
- Sometimes the world seems like a big hole. You spend all your life shouting down it and all you hear are echoes of some idiot yelling nonsense down a hole.
- Taylor was named after James Taylor and claims that she knows all the James Taylor songs, and I’m a huge fan of James Taylor and know all his songs, too. My dad told me that if I ever met Taylor Swift, I had to tell her that I know every James Taylor song. We started naming albums, and we were both shouting them out.
- He was the sort of person who stood on mountaintops during thunderstorms in wet copper armour shouting ‘All the Gods are bastards.’
- Where there is shouting, there is no true knowledge.
Leonardo da Vinci
- I don’t need people shouting at me to tell me what I did wrong.
This article took a look at numerous quotes that are about shouting and also commented on why we shouted as well as its effects. The article also highlighted why such quotes can be helpful in an episode where you shouted or were shouted at.